Monday, October 20, 2008

This is a first for me, too!

Yay for Julie for getting this started!!! Weirdo Prez comes through again!! :-) I think this will truly be a scrumptrulescent experience, even if I am a technological pygmy.

It was so good to see all of you this past weekend! Today the house seems kind of empty with just Josh, Steve, and I here with Papa Ken. I hope you have all made it home safely. I know it will be hard to get back into your everyday routine of school, work, etc. this week. (It will be hard for me, anyway.) Good luck on your new job in Spain, Rod!

I thought Mama Marva's services were beautiful, and I think she was very pleased. Josh, Sarah, Steve, and I went to their ward on Sunday, and many of the members commented to me about how beautiful the service was. They were especially impressed with the musical numbers. I thought the talks were excellent as well.

Hopefully, you got a CD that Julie burned of the funeral service. If you got away before she managed to get it to you, we will be sending it to you by mail. Steve also has some video recording of part of the family service we had at the beginning and of the rehearsal of the musical number the grandchildren sang, and we will try to get that to you by mail as well. I think you all got copies of the printed funeral program (if not, Papa Ken has extras), but one thing that was not included was the program for the little family service we had at the beginning. I think Mama Marva wanted us to have a written record of this as well, so I will try to send a printed copy as an e-mail attachment to you since I think I have all of your e-mail addresses. If you don't get it within the next few days, that means I probably don't have your e-mail address, so you should e-mail me at jaynewa@sbcglobal.net.

Thanks so much, Linda and Shari, for the wonderful packet of Mama Marva's favorite recipes! I hope others will continue to add to them if they think some other favorite creations of Mama Marva's. I agree with Lary's comments that we should include a cookoff competition as part of our next family reunion in July. I haven't done anything yet to start organizing the reunion, but I will let you know some preliminary details soon.

Sorry if this blog is too long-winded. I tend to be that way. I figure a long BLOnG is better than no BOG at all. Everybody else, start blogging!! If technological pygmies like Papa Ken and I can do it, all you technological giants out there better start doing it, too! : ) I hope some you people with the know-how will start posting a few pictures as well.

Mama Jayne (I guess I am the new family matriarch)

3 comments:

Woodward Clan said...

yeah mom, you are a tad long winded. and i forgot to ask for a copy of those recipes... can you send me a packet?
-jules

PaA-Lito said...

just practicing leaving a comment. JWA

Papa Ken said...

Just practicing again.