Friday, October 24, 2008

Papa Ken is getting some R & R

Just a quick post to let you all know what's up with Papa Ken in case you've been trying to get a hold of him and haven't been able to. He called me tonight from Page, Arizona, to wish me a happy birthday. He left on Tuesday for what I thought was going to be a short fishing trip with a man from his ward, but I guess he changed his mind and decided to go on an extended road trip. He said he has been driving through some beautiful scenery through the Uintah basin and the national parks in southern Utah and is now near Glenn Canyon dam in northern Arizona. He says the fall weather has been beautiful and he is enjoying his trip. I think he's been planning this trip in his mind for a while now, so I'm glad he's able to just get up and go and have the flexibility to come back whenever he wants. He has his cell phone with him if you'd like to call him, but sometimes he'll probably be out of range. (I think that's what happened when I tried to call him a couple of nights ago.) And he doesn't have his voice mail set up on his cell phone yet. He seems to be enjoying having some alone time for a little while.

I'm glad you're able to get out and see some beautiful sights, Papa Ken!

Love you,
Your first born in the wilderness

0 comments: