Monday, May 4, 2009

New York

In April I took a trip to New York City with 3 other women and had a fabulous time! The highlights for me were the art museums (The Met, Frick, Whitney, Guggenheim, and MoMA--so much great art and so many pivotal pieces in art history), Central Park, going to the Manhattan Temple (right across the street from the Metropolitan Opera/Juilliard music school complex), and winning a ticket lottery for front row seats to see the musical WICKED! Also, I got to stay in a friend of a friend's nineteenth-century brownstone apartment right in Manhattan, which was a cultural experience in itself. It was my first trip there and I can't wait to go back. Anyone want to come with me?

love, Sharon

p.s. Linda has expressed an interest in going backpacking in the Tetons with me during the first week of August. Anyone else want to come?

2 comments:

jules said...

i am so jealous! your trip sounds like it was so... idyllic. almost like a dream. how dare you not to invite me. next time im going to have to sneak in with your luggage...
backpacking sounds like fun too! i would totally be up for it if i wasn't a slave to school... it has secured a cruel and uncompromising grip on me...

Sharon said...

okay, next time I go to NY I will tell you ahead of time and see if you can unleash yourself from that cruel and uncompromising grip. . .